Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter basket for a toddler

My toddler loves chocolate already, Oreo's are her favourite. We have been very lucky and been given little chocolate eggs every time we visit the shops and my little one carefully peels her egg and savours it for ages. Chocolate covers everything and her little smile is contagious, luckily the sugar rush is manageable. Easter will be a bombardment of chocolate if we are not careful, so I have been looking at chocolate alternatives to balance the sugar overload.

Some of my research, aka google searches, have shown little baskets of gifts as a popular alternative. Here are some of the ideas I found:

  • Baskets full of healthy treats
  • Basket of gifts with a theme of a favourite cartoon character
  • Baskets with the daily essentials like PJ's, slippers and tooth brushes
  • Baskets with craft activity supplies. 
  • Baskets with religious items like a new bible

I decided on a Sesame Street themed basket and combined a lot of different items; I found an Elmo Easter parade book, Rosita plush, Elmo PJ's, some stickers and hair clips that I could put in little plastic eggs and will add a few little chocolate eggs and chocolate bunny. I am still contemplating adding a new toothbrush to the basket, but have not quite decided yet.


Oh, and finding little plastic eggs was a nightmare! Pinterest would have me believe that they just grow on trees, reality was much different! I had nearly given up on finding plastic egg cases before I found these ones in a stationary store.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment