Friday 18 April 2014

Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Being pregnant is hard work! One of the most annoying parts is not being able to sleep despite being completely utterly exhausted. So, waking at 430am is frustrating but it gives me a chance to catch up on the housework and enjoy a coffee in luxury just before my little one wakes for her day. This morning I am extra lucky because I baked chocolate fudge brownies yesterday and they have been cooling in the fridge overnight. Cutting up chocolate-y treats is definitely a task you need to do when there are no little hands reaching out to steal it while you chop.

Mmmmmmmm, chocolate-y goodness! 

I do not particularly remember where I originally got this recipe from, could be a Martha Stewart or a Taste online share but not sure anymore, I've had it for ages and had to modify it to my own baking methods. I have changed the types of flour and amount of chocolate and made a few tweaks to make them full and fluffy rather than dense and fat. Overall, I think this is my 'go to' chocolate fudge brownie recipe. It takes some time to cool but worth it in the end for such perfect bites of manna! (Scroll past the photos for the recipe!)









Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Ingredients: 

200gm of chocolate (or choc melts)
225gm unsalted butter (melted)
2/3 cup of Self Raising Flour
2/3 cup of Cocoa
2 cups of caster sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp of vanilla extract

Method:

1. Line baking pan with baking paper and preheat oven to 160degree celcius 
2. Roughly chop chocolate into small chunks 
3. Melt butter until nearly completely melted and allow to cool slightly
4. Sift Self Raising Flour and Cocoa. Stir in Caster Sugar
5. Add eggs and butter alternatively to the dry mix, stir well
6. Add vanilla and chocolate until combined
7. Spread over lined pan and bake for 1hour
8. Allow to cool in pan then on a baking rack. Transfer to cool in fridge overnight
9. Cut into squares once cooled completely


No comments:

Post a Comment