Monday 15 September 2014

Embellishing clothing


Little ones grow so quickly it can get quite expensive buying clothes, so the challenge for every mamma {when you are on a budget} is finding good quality clothing that doesn't cost a fortune.

On a recent trip to the shops I decided my little one needed a few more summery onsies. I found a great bulk buy pack in orange and grey tones with little foxes featuring on several. The foxes were adorable, the plain grey onsie in the pack was very boring. It's always frustrating when you buy in bulk and end up with one or two dodgy choices. 

So, it was time to pull out the crochet cotton and sewing machine and add a little something to make my girls outfit a bit brighter!

I found a online pattern for a small crochet doily and opened a ball of bright yellow crochet cotton. I was so excited when I finished! It was the very first "real" doily I have ever made and the design looked perfect. It was just the right size for my baby girls new onsie.





Note: Here is the link to the "Small Daisy Doily" pattern I used. I followed the pattern using a size 3.00 hook, with slight change to the scalloped edge to get a rounder scalloped pattern (replacing a the treble with a double crochet). 

{http://ignesblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/daisy-doily/}

No comments:

Post a Comment