Wednesday 23 July 2014

Nesting vs nausea

Being pregnant is hard work! I was unbelievably blessed with an incredibly amazing and easy pregnancy with my first baby. The experience will forever be remembered as "glowy". Second time around and I am shocked at how difficult everything is! If this is what women normally experience with pregnancy (and I suspect it is) I wonder how the population ever increases.

Only a few weeks away from meeting our baby girl and I decided its time for nesting to kick in. Unfortunately I think nesting has been replaced by nausea, backpain, braxton hicks and reflux. The worst combo for when you want to get anything done. 

Even my little one, not yet 2yrs, asks if I'm "tay?" when I'm trying to move about and get things happening! Mamma guilt slips in that she is too young to have such awareness and concern for mamma's wellbeing. She is just too smart and knows something is up. I remind myself how blessed we all will be having another little person to share our hearts and lives with. Mamma guilt is inevitable I guess, all the hard stuff will be worth it in the end. 

In moments of pure exhaustion I have been sitting in the couch watching play school and the wiggles with my little one. She runs around the lounge room dancing and singing while I crochet mobile decorations for the baby's room. She is so vibrant and joyful it helps lift my mood and make each day easier. She has fallen in love with the amigurumi owls we made for the mobile, pointing out what colours they are, facial features and showering them with kisses. She runs around 'hoot' 'hoot'ing and has a blast. I am getting very excited to see two little girls running around wild and carefree. 


Note: Crochet amigurumi owl pattern is available on Craft Passion http://www.craftpassion.com/2013/10/owl-amigurumi-mr-murasaki.html/2

No comments:

Post a Comment